Improvement in this Update Installer
The updated version of RemoteCapture has been improved in the communication with EOS-1D/EOS-1Ds from the previous versions bundled with the camera. (Ver 2.7.0 - 2.7.4)
- Communication error occurs in certain environment, but now happens far less frequently.
- OS hung-up problem with dual processor machines has been resolved, this occurred when the FireWire cable is not plugged in during the communication.
- Download the Update Installer to the Mac.
- Extract the file to your Mac.
- Double-click 'RemoteCapture Installer' which is located inside the extracted 'RemoteCapture 2.4.7R2' folder and installation of the updater starts automatically.
- Follow the installer instructions.
How to check the version of RemoteCapture 2.7.4R2
To check the installed version of RemoteCapture is already updated two files should be checked on their version number. Select the RemoteCapture application icon and choose Get Info from the File Menu. Once this new version is installed, the correct RemoteCapture version should be '188.8.131.52'. Then select 'FWDslr_x.bundle'. Its' version should be '184.108.40.206'. If the version number don't match those listed, re-install RemoteCapture 2.7.4R2.