[Changes of ZoomBrowser EX 6.5.1 Updater for Windows XP]
1. Now supports the following new products.
PowerShot A3100 IS/A3000 IS, PowerShot A495/490, PowerShot SD 1400 IS, IXUS 130, PowerShot SD 1300 IS, IXUS 105, PowerShot SX210 IS, PowerShot SD 3500 IS, IXUS 210,
LEGRIA HF S21, LEGRIA HF S20, LEGRIA HF S200, LEGRIA HF R18, LEGRIA HF R106, LEGRIA HF M36, LEGRIA HF M306,
EOS 550D, EOS 5D Mark II (firmware updated to v2.0.3)
2. The application version for downloading images (CameraWindow DC) has been changed.
If users were using either CameraWindow 6.x or CameraWindow DC 7.x to download images from compact digital cameras, or CameraWindow 6.x to download images from digital video cameras with previous ZoomBrowser versions, some functions will no longer be availble after the application is updated. (*) Also, after the version update, images will be saved to the default folder of CameraWindow DC 8.1 instead.
3. The following problems have been fixed.
- Fixes a problem where more time is required to display RAW images captured with some the models.
- Fixes a problem where in some environments, MovieEdit Task cannot be started from ZoomBrowser EX.
- RAW Image Task（RAW image processing） is not included in ZoomBrowser EX 6.5.1 Updater. If you want to use them in ZoomBrowser EX 6.5.1, please download and install ZoomBrowser EX 6.1.1a Updater after installing ZoomBrowser EX 6.5.1 Updater.
- To users of EOS DIGITAL/ PowerShot G10/PowerShot G11/PowerShot S90/PowerShot SX1 IS (RAW model) cameras:
Users of the following digital cameras are asked to use the Digital Photo Professional software to install ZoomBrowser EX 6.5.1.
- In addition, digital SLR cameras cannot be connected with this updater. Users of the digital SLR cameras are asked to use EOS Utility at the same time.
Precautions for version 3.x Users
To Users of ZoomBrowser 3.x:
- In order to update to ZoomBrowser EX 6.5.1, it is necessary that ZoomBrowser EX 3 be installed on the target computer.
- It is necessary to transfer the database files as follows:
If you want to display titles and comments added with ZoomBrowser EX 3, you will need to convert the database file used in ZoomBrowser EX 3 for use with ZoomBrowser EX 4, 5 or 6 before using these applications for the first time.
Please note that if ZoomBrowser EX 4, 5 or 6 is used before this conversion, the titles, comments, sound annotation information added with ZoomBrowser EX 3 will be erased.
1. From the Start menu, select All Program -> Accessories -> Explorer to start Windows Explorer.
2. Open the Program folder under the folder in which ZoomBrowser EX 4, 5 or 6 is installed.
3. Double-click the dbconverter.exe (or dbconverter) icon in that folder.
4. Specify the database file that you have been using and click the Start button
Example: C:\Program Files¥Canon¥ZoomBrowser EX¥ Database ¥My Database.zbd)
5. When a message appears indicating that the database conversion is complete, click OK.
- Database File Conversion Restrictions
There are restrictions on folders under the Program Files folder.
In ZoomBrowser EX 4, 5 or 6, folders under the Program Files folder are not displayed. Therefore, images in the Library One folder, which was the default in ZoomBrowser EX 3, cannot be viewed in ZoomBrowser EX 4, 5 or 6.
To see the images in the Library One folder, use Windows Explorer to move the images